4.13.2009

Upon Further Review...

... it looks like surgery is the best way to reliably mend my broken collarbone and get me on the road to recovery quicker.

I met with Dr. Koch this morning, an orthopedist at Boulder Medical Center. He took a look at my X-rays and based on what he saw (4 pieces, a non-linear break), the general consensus nowadays regarding these types of injuries, and my age, his recommendation was that surgery would be the best route to go. Compared to leaving things heal on their own, surgery would provide a more reliable outcome (i.e. a better chance the bones would heal properly and provide better support for the shoulder) and, over the long run, provide a quicker recovery... I can expect some short-term pain.

So, Wednesday at 2:00p, I'll be getting some hardware installed.

No comments:

Post a Comment