I went to the orthopedist's office this morning with high hopes of coming out of there with a plan of action... such as "it'll heal as is" or "you'll need surgery to correct things." Unfortunately, I got a "let's wait and see."
The issue is that apparently the small bone piece in the middle of two other pieces is still touching those two other pieces. Not in a straight line, but touching nonetheless. The hope is that, with the 3 pieces still touching, the bones will start growing towards one another. This "hope" is to be looked at again on April 20th when I'm scheduled to go in for another x-ray.
While I'm not exactly sprinting to get into the OR, I'm OK with it if it means removing any uncertainty associated with keeping the status quo and getting me on the path to recovery quicker.