11.11.2008

Need a stocking stuffer idea?

Well, do I have something for you! Maybe.

This whole bailout business has got me in a tizzy. The list of who got what (Exhibit A) and who is still looking to get public funds to save their hide (e.g. Detroit's Big 3, subprime lenders and borrowers, etc.) is long, and growing by the day. (Read this NY Times article about some interesting requests.) And it irks me that people who stayed within their means, took on less-risky loans, etc. are going to get kicked in the teeth over this for years to come.

So, I've come up with something that like-minded individuals might want to buy. A bumper sticker that has a short, polite yet not-so-subtle message to those whose decisions got us into this mess:


If I can get sincere requests for them – price point estimate right now is between $2 and $3/sticker (depending on overall quantity I get printed) including shipping and handling, minimum 5 stickers per order – I just might pull the trigger and get them printed. (I could sell it for less, but it would be at a loss. Which means, I guess, I'd be eligible for bailout money because I'm trying to stimulate the economy, yes?) The final image (e.g. font, color, etc.) may change, but I foresee the text staying the same.

Anyway, if you're sincerely interested in ordering at least 5, let me know. And by all means, pass this along to family, friends, neighbors, coworkers, etc.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea--and the bumper sticker phrasing is clever.

    But in case I have to sell the car in these wonderful times, I don't want stickers on it.....

    ReplyDelete