8.02.2009

1 Year in the Books

It was 1 year ago today that Chloe, Peggy, Chamberlain and I planted our flag in Boulder. I know such a moment should probably be accompanied by a "highlights show" of these last 365 days, or a pros/cons list of the move, or something of that ilk. I think this Blog already does that on a pretty regular basis so I'm going to pass on that kind of entry. Instead, what I have planned is something much simpler, perhaps understated and likely not stated enough.

- To my parents and siblings who, perhaps thinking this move of ours a bit curious, were and continue to be loving, supportive and respectful...
- To Cathy and Jess, whose support, while I'm sure you consider it to be a "no brainer," means a lot (especially given the narrow-mindedness of some)...
- To our back East friends, who have ignored the 1,700 mile gap we've created between us...
- To our friends here in Boulder, who have eased our transition into the unknown and made living here an absolute joy...

... Thank you. Thank you all.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations to all of you! That's not an easy thing you did--and you pulled it off magnificently. Wish we could celebrate with you, but I'm glad you've shared mini-celebrations all along the way.

    ReplyDelete